This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Suggestion: Off line option

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:05 AM

It would be nice if there was a caching option that cached pictures so that the screen saver continues to work when the network is unavailable, such as when a notebook is not connected. Also caching might avoid constant downloading of the same pictures. I am not familiar with Flickr's API, ideally the API has unique id (or checksum values) for each picture, thus avoiding picture name conflicts.

What I am using Flickr.net screensaver for is a dedicated picture display in the living room (small computer with flat screen) using wireless. Sometimes the wireless looses it's connection and causes the screen saver to stop. It displays a error message. Ideally the screen saver would just check a picture cache and continue to run when the network is down. Thanks for making the code available, I am going to see if I can made a few small modifications to add a picture cache myself for personal home use.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:48 AM

The offline support is ready, I just haven't got around to releasing it yet.

Glad you like it.

Sam

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Great. If you'd like me to test it before you release it, let me know. I test software professionally.