This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

General Questions

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:29 PM
Submit your question and answer regarding the project
Apr 1, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Has the screensaver working issues with Vista or not? I would like several computers to access the same Flickr account simultaneously. I have installed succesfully on an XP machin but the second screensaver on a Vista machine keeps showing the default user's images (the developper account).

Any help.

Live the app! thanks
May 1, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Sometimes I get the developer's photos too, rather than my own. I am using Vista Ultimate 32-bit.
May 12, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Yes, the problem with Vista has been diagnosed and fixed, but I haven't released a new version of the installer yet. Copying the files from C:\Program Files\Wackylabs\FlickrNet Screensaver\*.* to C:\Windows\System32 resolves the issue but is less than ideal in my opinion.
Jun 19, 2008 at 5:54 AM
I've tried copying those files from the wackylabs\flickrnet screensaver folder to windows\system32 in Vista but I still get the same problem.  At first I thought that maybe it was still pulling from the wackylabs folder so I renamed it.  Same problem.  I then pulled the files out of the system32 folder and checked the screensavers to make sure it wasn't showing up as an option anymore.  It was not.  I then copied them back into the system32 folder.  Opened up the screensavers selected FlickrNet and changed the Per User setting to my flickr account.  I reauthorized the application and did a preview.  It worked then.  I set the screensaver time for 1 minute.  Waited and when it started, it was showing your pictures again Sam.  So I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong.
Jun 21, 2008 at 1:56 PM
I've just published a new version of the setup file - this time it does work (cause I've tested it).

I had to rename to screensaver file to Flickr.scr as well as install it to the windows\system32 directory to get it to work...
Jun 27, 2008 at 12:48 AM
It works great now!  Thanks for this great screensaver Sam!