This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Flickr.Net Screensaver has stopped working” error condition

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM
I just upgraded to the Dot Net Framework of the Flickr Screen Saver which I have used for many years on my XP laptop with dual monitors (as a fancy digital frames). New laptop, window 7 and still dual monitors. If I use on monitor all is well. If I us the laptop monitor or if I use the external monitor all is well.
The issue “Flickr.Net Screensaver has stopped working” error condition comes when I do extended monitors (like 1 and 2) – which is like having two screensavers (this work perfectly on the old XP laptop).
It is like the program does not like to talk to the SMB2230HD driver that drives the external monitor.
Is this a bug? If so what can I do to help getting this bug fixed? I am willing to do more or less anything to help so just email me (nts4168086@aol.com) since I love the program as a very cool way of having random photos show on the wall.

Bjarne

PS see posting under Issues

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:04 AM
Interesting observation: The laptop max screen resolution is 1440 x 900 whereas the Samsung (external monitor) is 1920 x 1200. On the old XP box running Flickr.Net with those setting I had no issue, but now with the new Win 7 I have.
So fare I have gotten the system to work by setting both display resolutions to 1440 x 900. Not the best solution, but for now it works.